Box Of Chocolates Cake - Please Help

Decorating By moralna Updated 24 Jul 2009 , 9:49pm by Rylan

moralna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moralna Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 12:37am
post #1 of 7

I am hoping some of my CC friends can help me. I am making a cake to look like an open box of chocolates; the lid will be resting against the side of the cake. Since the cake is supposed to be an open box, I would like to make cake balls to be the chocolates in the open box. I would like to make it authentic and do the little plastic insert that comes in a regular box of chocolates - you know that little plastic thing that divides the chocolates. Am I making sense? Can someone give me any advise?

6 replies
Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 2:35am
post #2 of 7

I know what you are talking about, I can't for the life of me think of a place ot buy them...

other than to buy a box of chocolates and use that one.

I'll volunteer to eat the chocolates for you icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 2:43am
post #3 of 7

Hmmm I know what you are talking about. Have you seen those molds for chocolate? Maybe you can use the whole tray as a guide (using the back). You can mold your fondant from it or even pour chocolate if you like.

Am I making sense?

moralna Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 2:07pm
post #4 of 7

RylanTy - I can't picture what you are explaining. I did buy a square plastic mold and molded the little container; I am just trying to figure out how to do the little separators - you know what I mean?

Clovers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Clovers Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 2:42pm
post #5 of 7

I think I get what RylanTy means....

If you could find a mold (candy etc) that is for making little circles or balls (or squares depending on the shape you wanted the liner's indents to be)... and then using the BACK of the mold, either pour chocolate over that, or mould fondant to it - when you take the fondant off, or remove the chocolate, you would have a copy of that mould that would have all the openings to put the cake balls into (I would suggest doing it in chocolate so that it seems more 'plastic' and realistic looking.

moralna Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 5:08pm
post #6 of 7

Oh my goodnes!! Lightbulb went off!!! Thank you so much - I know exactly now what you all were describing to me and I found a mold exactly like that! Thanks so much!!!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 9:49pm
post #7 of 7

Clovers exactly got what I was talking about.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%