3D Baseball Hat Instructions

Decorating By doublecz1103 Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 1:18pm by Jacque2241

doublecz1103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doublecz1103 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 1:42am
post #1 of 3

Can anyone help me??? I'm looking for instructions on making a 3D baseball hat... any help would be appreciated!! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 1:17pm
post #2 of 3

I did a baseball hat awhile ago (it's in my pics) I used half of the sports ball pan and a 6 inch round. I trimmed the front of the round a little bit so the hat tilted down. hope that makes sense. then for the brim, I placed fondant/gumpate on a real brim to form it and I let it dry for a couple days. hth

Jacque2241 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jacque2241 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 1:18pm
post #3 of 3

I need to make a hat also for a high school reunion and I've never seen directions for it but watching a bit on Amazing Wedding cakes I'm going to wing it. I plan to use a cut and filled round three layered 6in or an 8in cake. I will chill the cake and use a real hat as a model and set it next to my cake and carve. Make a couple of indentations on the cake to make it look worned, chill again and cover with fondant pressing in where I made the previous indentations.
The brim part of the hat I will make out of gumpaste by making a paper pattern. Once I cut the gumpaste I will place it on the real hat so it dries in the same form. Use a stiching tool to make the stiches on the brim and hat before it dries. Things to watch out for is to make sure the colors match for the actual hat and the brim. I'll match the details of the hat such as logo and place them on the hat cake.
I hope this helps a bit even though I haven't made it yet--sorry, but I've been giving it a lot of thought. Good luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%