Hot Pink And Lime Green

Decorating By kmdrysdale Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 12:58am by nesweetcake

kmdrysdale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmdrysdale Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 9

I was asked to make a cake for a friend and this is what they want but how would i do it.

They want a high heel shoe Color???? Still looking
then they want the shoe on a round cake with lime green fondant and Hot pink fondant flowers and accents.
So how do you make thoes colors and what color would you make the shoe??

This will be my first high heel shoe so any tips how to make that too would help me out.

8 replies
cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 9

I can't help you with the shoe, but for lime green I would start with lemon yellow and then add a small amount of kelly green. Hot pink, I am still not sure. I have to do a 'Beatles' themed cake in two weeks and the colors are lime green, turquoise, bright pink, bright orange. I can figure out all of them except the bright pink. I tried mixing red and pink together and it did create a very pretty shade of pink, however not the 'bright neon' I was hoping for.

Clovers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Clovers Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 7:13pm
post #3 of 9

I have a wilton dye that I use to make hot pink - doesn't even take a whole lot either...but I can't remember what it's 'name' is at the moment.. I'll have a look when I'm home and I'll post it.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 9

Just keep adding regular pink or rose pink to it and it will deepen. Rose pink gets pretty dark! That is what I used on all of my dark pink cakes.

racechick311x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
racechick311x Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 9

I use Americolor electric pink for hot pink and they also have a lime green color but I am not for sure on the name of that one

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 10:04pm
post #6 of 9

If you can get your hands on Americolor, the color is so much stronger that it takes less color to get it to the right shade, which means less time as well.

SueB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueB Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 11:31pm
post #7 of 9

I use Wilton Rose color for the hot pink and Americolor Electric Green for the lime green. You can check some of my pictures...there seems to be a craze for hot pink and lime green right now.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 12:04am
post #8 of 9

If I were you, I'd do the shoe white. I prefer a clean and fresh look.

nesweetcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nesweetcake Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 12:58am
post #9 of 9

Don't mean to high jack here but since we are talking color, any good suggestions for a "real" purple....like a nice primary color purple??? Good and bright, not so drab and gray like most of mine come out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%