Need Help With Recipe!!!!

Baking By yamber82 Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 3:07am by cheatize

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 3:03am
post #1 of 3

i'm doing a wedding cake for a friend of mine and she'c oming over for a tasting next week. i told her to look at cake websites for flavor ideas since she didn't have a clue what she wanted. this is one she found that she thought sounded really good... it says: a traditional italian golden cake with toasted almonds in the cake and an amaretto-butter sauce poured over the cake as soon as it is removed from the oven, frosted with our rich cream cheese frosting...

that doesn't really dound like it will work for a 6-7 tier stacked cake. i also have never tired any of those flavors before. i pretty much always use box mixes. she knows this, i am not a professional baker, but she likes my cakes and really wants me to do hers. and of course i'm not charging her much, but i still want it to be good.

what is italian cream cake similiar too? i have actually never heard of it til now. can anyone help me figure out a way to accomplish this awesome sounding cake in an easier and more "durable" (for stacking) way? i will be using bc, not fondant, so that might help. oh and i'm pretty sure the delivery is like 3 hours away.

i was thinking maybe a reg white cake or irish cream cake with almond and amaretto flavored bc? or would that be too boring?i told her i was going to experiment with an italian cream recipe off the net but i really don't want to be making a million recipes from scratch icon_sad.gif that sounds overwhelming and i'm afraid it won't turn out if i try to quadruple the recipe

2 replies
yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 1:26pm
post #2 of 3

bump

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 3:07am
post #3 of 3

I've never made an Italian Cream Cake, but I know there are recipes all over the net. I'm not sure it's the same as an Italian Golden cake. I do know that cream cheese has to be refrigerated so that may be a big problem if she wants the cake displayed during the entire reception.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%