Additional Cups For Aztek 4709

Decorating By bbstephan Updated 29 Jul 2009 , 4:56am by bbstephan

bbstephan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbstephan Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 6:33pm
post #1 of 9

Help! I don't know which cups to buy...I've read many of the threads and will be purchasing an Aztek 4709 airbrush, but don't know which kind of additional color cups to purchase. The gravity feed? Which size? I'm new at this, and so would be spraying a whole cake, no larger than a 10" round. Thanks!

8 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 9

I use the little gray plastic cups with the lids on them. I think it's the smallest cup in the set.

bbstephan Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 6:34pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you!!

bbstephan Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 9

I just looked at them again- so you don't use the gravity feed type? They are white cups...I would think that is the way to go, or no?

bbstephan Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 6:42pm
post #5 of 9

I notice with the kit the cups are white- gravity feed...so maybe I just get extra of those...

tiggy2 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 1:05am
post #6 of 9

The littlest cup that came with my kit (I think it has a gray or black bottom) is also gravity feed. I find the white cups to be to big.

bbstephan Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 10:53pm
post #7 of 9

Okay, so the gravity feed cups came today- I just starting laughing! I don't know anything about airbrushes...so according to the pictures on the internet, I was expecting a cup about the size of a golf ball or so- they are the size of my thumb! Are they going to be too small to spray a 10" square cake- will I have to keep filling it?

tiggy2 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 1:25am
post #8 of 9

Yes, you will have to keep filling them. If they were as big as a golf ball I think the gun would be hard to control as it wouldn't balance well. JMO

bbstephan Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 4:56am
post #9 of 9

Okay, thanks! The airbrush comes tomorrow and so I'll be able to start to practice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%