Most Recent Cakes

Decorating By LaLuCakes Updated 19 Jul 2009 , 9:11pm by Faithbound

LaLuCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaLuCakes Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 5

The cakes that are currently on the "Most recent cakes" on the home page have been up there since yesterday. When I post a cake sometimes I don't even see it up there and the longest one of my cake photo has been in the "most recent cakes" is 30 minutes. Has anyone else notice this with their postings?

4 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 8:28pm
post #2 of 5

you are talking about the screen on the homepage? unfortunately, thats just the way the cookie crumbles. although if its the same cakes over that period of time, then there is obviously a glitch. either with teh windo, or the uploading process!

if it refreshes its self every 5 minutes (i dont know how often it is), if 30 photos are uploaded in that time, its still only a couple that actually get in. and there are 100s of photos uploaded each and every day. so they cant stay up.

people are being ecouraged to use the site more efficitently following this huge (still in progress) update - so go to the recently uploaded page and you will see 100 more cakes than in that one, tiny, snapshot of what is online.

also, increase your chances of views/ comments by doing your bit for cake karma - if you comment on a cake, it is more likely that that person, should they be so inclined, will go check otu your profile and work.
xx

Faithbound Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faithbound Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 5

I noticed that myself. I am fairly new to the site. A self-taught cake decorator who wants to learn more. I was thrilled when I found this site! However, as I have been uploading my pictures I have noticed they are no longer showing up on the recently added homepage display. I am not sure why, but I did notice it.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 9:10pm
post #4 of 5

There are a couple of threads about the home page being "stuck" on the same topics for quite some time. Could be the same fluke with the pics, too.

But I agree with the above. I never even use the home page for anything anymore. I go straight to the galleries tab or to the forums tab.

Faithbound Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faithbound Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 9:11pm
post #5 of 5

I noticed that myself. I am fairly new to the site. A self-taught cake decorator who wants to learn more. I was thrilled when I found this site! However, as I have been uploading my pictures I have noticed they are no longer showing up on the recently added homepage display. I am not sure why, but I did notice it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%