Help!!! Cake Due In 5 Hours....

Decorating By mommicakes Updated 18 Jul 2009 , 8:36pm by mommicakes

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 11:49am
post #1 of 8

and now I have a stupid bulge in the bottom tier. How do I fix it without messing everything else up???? icon_cry.gif

Advice is truly needed.. icon_cry.gif

Thanks
donna

7 replies
Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 12:32pm
post #2 of 8

You might try pushing it back with a fondant smoother; I've done it before and it worked for me. Otherwise, you'll have to recover it.

I hope someone else has a better idea for you.

mommicakes Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 12:33pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks for reading, I couldn't wait for any replies, I had to pull it all apart, I don't like to be working on something right up to delivery time.

Too much stress icon_eek.gif

Thanks anyway.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 12:45pm
post #4 of 8

I was waiting for more information--fondant, buttercream, an air bubble or the filling pooching out. Yeah, pulling it apart is certainly a clear shot at the fix.

Try to chill, it's only cake, it's gonna be ok.

Or maybe go for a valium drip... icon_biggrin.gif

mommicakes Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 1:06pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

I was waiting for more information--fondant, buttercream, an air bubble or the filling pooching out. Yeah, pulling it apart is certainly a clear shot at the fix.

Try to chill, it's only cake, it's gonna be ok.

Or maybe go for a valium drip... icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks K8: yeah, as I stood there and stared at it the more it infuriated me that the bc filling started to blow out. Ticked me off pretty good.

I know it is only cake, that's what gets me, I should be able to outsmart what I'm working with. icon_lol.gif

Vallium drip......hmmmmmm icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the reality check, I will remember it's cake. I can guarantee that it will look much worse once I leave it at the wedding this afternoon. But it will be in one piece to start out with anyway.
icon_biggrin.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 1:59pm
post #6 of 8

Worse? Uh ugh I mean after they start whacking on it aka serving.

But you're making it better, CakeBuddy!

Hey, up the drip a bit. icon_lol.gif

mommicakes Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 2:21pm
post #7 of 8

k8; That is exactly what I meant. My responsibility is to get it there, which by the way is going to be a little adventure itself. I live way in the country, and am delivering someplace I haven't been before, but the bride has told me the road is "a little bumpy, so be careful". icon_lol.gif I'll post pics once it is all set up.

Thanks for the words on encouragement.

And, now off to up the drip icon_biggrin.gif

mommicakes Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 8:36pm
post #8 of 8

Okay if anyone is interested, (I posted pic of said cake in my photos) I fixed the cake, delivered it, and all is well. Good thing I had to take it all apart again, I am so sure it wouldn't have made it to the site in once piece anyway. icon_surprised.gif

Thanks K8 for your words of calming.

Come to find out this cake was actually for a relative (didn't know it at the time we did the original order, until I was at the house for delivery). It is such a SMALL world.

The couple were very happy with it, and I am EXTREMELY happy that it all turned out well.
icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%