Sticky Situation/a Little Hurt...

Decorating By SharonK1973 Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 2:40am by SharonK1973

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 4:44pm
post #31 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcake

The shower the OP is doing the cake for is the one thrown by the church, not the family. The church is not in charge of who gets invited to the wedding, the family is.

Therefore, I hope the OP will not let hurt feelings keep her from doing a nice thing for this girl, and I hope the OP has a great time at the church's shower.

I'm sure we all know what it's like to feel like the odd person out, but in this case, I'd like to believe that the OP's kindness and generosity will prevail.

I'm agreeing with this. The family has the "main" shower. If a church group or co-workers or any other orginazion wants to throw a shower, that's completely separate from the wedding.

Mom2Rebecca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom2Rebecca Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 6:00pm
post #32 of 34
Quote:
Quote:

Everyone else in the young adult group plus their friends have been invited - except me.

Literally everyone? How many people are in the group? If literally everyone in the group was invited and you were not, that is beyond rude and weird. I would chat with others in the group to determine if they all had for sure been invited. Since these are people you will continue to be around, I would want to get to the bottom of it so you dont go on with thoughts of this in your mind when you have your get togethers.
Good for you for making the cake, I would drop it off and politely say "Since I was not invited to the wedding, I feel a little weird about attending the shower, so I wont be. Best wishes"
I can only imagine how much this must hurt your feelings (hugs)
Knock their socks off with the cake!

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 2:38am
post #33 of 34

Yes, literally EVERYONE! I spoke to the coordinator and so far they have had 250 RSVPs! Anyway, there is definitely a developing story here, but I'm not sure what it is. I'll fill you all in as soon as I find out what the deal is!

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 2:40am
post #34 of 34

Yes, literally EVERYONE! I spoke to the coordinator and so far they have had 250 RSVPs! Anyway, there is definitely a developing story here, but I'm not sure what it is. I'll fill you all in as soon as I find out what the deal is!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%