Can You Ever Have Enough Of ????

Decorating By CakesbyCindi Updated 18 Jul 2009 , 12:13am by AverageMom

CakesbyCindi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCindi Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 11:20pm
post #1 of 9

My husband and had this conversation the other day, I am a hobby baker and am always buying cake decorating supplies, rather I need them or not. I have seen other threads on different subjects and this is one I was wondering about with other decorators.

My biggest things that I can't ever have enough of is .... Couplers and bags

This is just for fun... What is your biggy?

8 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 11:29pm
post #2 of 9

My big thing is cookie cutters. All shapes and sizes. I have a big tub full of cookie cutters and I still only have about half of the ones I want. I've never even used most of them. I just like having them. I use the mini ones for fondant.

I use the disposable bags but I mostly do fondant.

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 11:36pm
post #3 of 9

hmmm colors! and bags lol...i think i pretty much have every wilton color and lots of the ameri-colors ...when ever i am at the cake store i always get like 2 or three colors!

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 11:45pm
post #4 of 9

I'm actually getting so full of stuff I don't know what to do with them. I want to buy everything I like whether I need it or not. It's so bad that everything that I make off cakes I "invest" into more cake stuff. Cake making is like scrapbooking (I do that too) you can never have too much paper! Yeah, I know pretty bad. I hope I don't jump into another hobby or I'm going to be broke and poor. lol

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 11:47pm
post #5 of 9

I think cutters and fondant. If I had $13,000, I'd use it all.

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 11:47pm
post #6 of 9

dusts and books!!! I love using the dusts to give different hues and the books I look at a million times and I keep buying more. I eventually had to get a bookshelf for them.

CakesbyCindi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCindi Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 11:53pm
post #7 of 9

Texas_Rose, I too am a cookie cutter fanatic... I only have around 100 right now.

Rylan- only $13,000. If I win the lottery one day, I'll share....

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 11:54pm
post #8 of 9

black fondant. Seems like I am always coloring that nastiness!! and I HATE it! I want the magic fondant machine that will color my fondant perfectly like paint from the hardware store!

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 12:13am
post #9 of 9

Books and magazines. I live in a fairly remote place, so I end up buying a lot of used stuff, and vintage, from online.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%