Best Chocolate Melts?

Sugar Work By DaniJ Updated 8 Nov 2009 , 2:12am by auntginn

DaniJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaniJ Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 12:12am
post #1 of 5

Hi,
I'm new hear. I'm wondering which are the best melting chocolates to use and where is the best place to get them inexpensively or in bulk?

Thanks!

Danielle

4 replies
esq1031 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
esq1031 Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 1:57am
post #2 of 5

I know it's been a while since you've posted your question, but I just saw this. I have used Merkens with much success. I usually buy it from a local store near my house. I just bought some Guittard from ebay which I am going to be using for the first time. some people use wiltons, but I like the Merkens taste much better. It doesn't taste as synthetic in my opinion.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 2:03am
post #3 of 5

Around this time of year Sam's Club carries large bars of Ghiradelli melting chocolate (white and dark) and its absolutely the best melting chocolate, far better in taste than the Wilton or Merckens..... Reasonably priced too.

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 2:21am
post #4 of 5

I really prefer wiltons candy melts.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 2:12am
post #5 of 5

I only use Bercolaide. Not a well known product but its chocolate is superb to even Guitard in my book. Unfortunately it is only sold thru the wholesale distributors so you won't find it in a store. The local bakery shops can get it for you though. They do have a web site so you could call them and find out who is in your area.

The chocolate is light in texture and rich and smooth in taste. I use chocolate for a number of items so its important to me to have a good tasting chcolate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%