Storage Help!

Decorating By parsonswife Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 2:41pm by parsonswife

parsonswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
parsonswife Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 7

I am looking for ideas on how to store the pans, the cookie cutters, the little accessories, etc...
I am a 'novice', I work only in my home, and space is tight in the parsonage! I'm so tired of the mess, and things falling over, etc... when I go to find what I have!
I like it to look neat, and PLEASE inexpensive.
Any ideas? I just bought two tubs (plastice) to pile the pans in...
but again, I would like easier, neater access.
Any suggestions?
**"pictures are a plus!!"** icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:04am
post #2 of 7

Me too icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:14am
post #3 of 7

Unless you have alot of room, plastic bins are the best way to store pans. You can hang some nails on the walls for shaped pans, but that doesn't help with your basic shaped pans.

I like small plastic bins for other items. I have all my dusts in one bin, colors in another, cookie cutters in some divided up in holidays/themes and so on.

I do have a room for cake stuff though, so my stuff is more spread out than some.

With limited areas, your best bet is to search out some storage containers that will work for what you have. There are times of different shaped and sizes out there that may work for you.

I'd also search the forums and see what other ideas people have posted. icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:25am
post #4 of 7

I bought a tall container at Walmart that has about 7 drawers in it. It was like $30 at Walmart. Some of the drawers are small and some are large. It's about 2 or 2 1/2 feet wide and probably 4 feet tall. Maybe 2 feet deep. I can fit so much crap in there, it's great. For my pans, I also keep them in tupperware bins. I label the outside of the bin so that I know exactly what pans are in them. For my cookie cutters I use small tupperware boxes. They are divided by holiday!

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:35am
post #5 of 7

You can get huge tackle boxes in the fishing section at WalMart. I keep jewelry and cake supplies in mine. They work great. You can fit all your tips and colors in them and rearrange the little slots to even fit thing like rolling pins. I think they run about $30. I use a rubbermaid container for my cookie cutters. I still havent figured out what to do with my pans. Ugh. HTH!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 9:44am
post #6 of 7

Those plastic containers with dividers for crafts works for storing some of the small stuff.

parsonswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
parsonswife Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:41pm
post #7 of 7

In my bins I divided them up labeled (best I could do) and inside them I put baggies marked (labeled) by styles....hearts, stars, animals, etc...
I do have a craft? box for tips....and it works perfect. (picked that up at a yardsale) And with the bins I found the craft boxes fit down in them too! My pans fit in there...I tried hanging on the wall, but it's in my pantry, and just didnt' work, so they are now stacked in the tubs. While it's not perfect, it is working.
I'm going to purchase one of those multi-drawer towers....can do a lot with them ..... icon_razz.gif
Thank you for all your input! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%