Pound Cake Recipe That Can Be Refrigerated?

Baking By djs328 Updated 17 Jul 2009 , 12:44pm by minicuppie

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 8

I have a request for a chocolate chip pound cake and it will need to be in the fridge (b/c of icing and filling) but I've learned on here that usually cakes make with butter have a drier consistency when refrigerated icon_confused.gif ...So...does anyone have a good recipe for a pound cake that has been refrigerated without being dry?
Thanks so much!! icon_smile.gif [/code]

7 replies
djs328 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 8

Anyone? icon_smile.gif

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:23pm
post #3 of 8

That is certainly news to me....I am sure if you wrap properly and only have in fridge overnite you will be fine. I made mini cakes from pound cake last week and put the uglies in fridge...ate the last one yesterday and it was just as good as the ones that went out the door.

djs328 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 7:57pm
post #4 of 8

That is good to know...is there a specific recipe you use for your pound cake? I've done many cakes, but funny thing...not a pound cake. If it's not a family secret or anything like that, and you're willing to share, I'd appreciate it! icon_smile.gif Thanks, minicuppie!

Oh, and I love that you call them the 'uglies'.... icon_smile.gif lol!!!

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 8:13pm
post #5 of 8

3 cups Swan's Down cake flour
3 cups sugar
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
8 oz sour cream
3 sticks of butter
tsp vanilla or other flavoring(s)
6 eggs

sometimes i dump all the ingredients in together and mix or you can use the creaming method for the wet and sift the dry ingredients. Bake 40-50 minutes at 350. This is a moist pound cake. I'm sure with a frosting and fillilng, it will stay pretty moist as long as it's not in the fridge for too long. I wouldn't make it more than a day ahead or just the night before it's delivered/picked up.

djs328 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 8:49pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks, DeeDelightful! icon_smile.gif

minicuppie Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 12:43pm
post #7 of 8

My recipe is no secret but nothing special, either. I use one that has cream cheese. HTH.

minicuppie Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 12:44pm
post #8 of 8

My recipe is no secret but nothing special, either. I use one that has cream cheese. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%