Petit Fores Icing

Baking By cakequeen50 Updated 13 Jul 2009 , 1:33am by cakelovincrazy

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 3

I hope someone knows what I am looking for. I have to make petit fores this week and I saw quite a while ago, someone had a recipe that included white candy melts in the poured icing. I thought that might help the side coverage issue of seeing the cake through the icing.

Does anyone have a recipe like this or a good one that you can't see through to the cake on the sides?

I could buy a bucket of icing but didn't want to fork out the $62 for a big bucket at CK that I will use once.

2 replies
Dessert_Diva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dessert_Diva Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 3

I tried making some for fun this weekend and used the recipe from King Arthur Flour http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/poured-fondant-icing-recipe but am having a horrible time keeping the little buggers upright and I think the icing is too thick. If you try it let me know how it works for you. I saw on another thread where it was suggested not to pour on a cooling rack but on a cookie sheet and cut them out. I'm going to try that. HTH!!

cakelovincrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelovincrazy Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 1:33am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakequeen50

I hope someone knows what I am looking for. I have to make petit fores this week and I saw quite a while ago, someone had a recipe that included white candy melts in the poured icing. I thought that might help the side coverage issue of seeing the cake through the icing.

Does anyone have a recipe like this or a good one that you can't see through to the cake on the sides?

I could buy a bucket of icing but didn't want to fork out the $62 for a big bucket at CK that I will use once.

Did you make your petit fores? I was wondering how they turned out and what you covered them with. I'm going to make mini dice petit fores and was hoping to use Bakers white chocolate over them. I did get a tip to use a simple syrup or apricot glaze first before pouring the chocolate over them.
I would love to know how yours turned out. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%