Bake Even Strips??

Decorating By Lenette Updated 13 Jul 2009 , 2:58pm by thecakeplace2

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 9

I know have read that some of you use this but I am having trouble searching the forums. Is this a popular tool?

How do you feel it has improved your cakes? I am thinking of trying this so I can get consistently even bakes layers that rise nice and high.

Just wanted to ask what ya'll think of them. TIA!

8 replies
Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 12:10am
post #2 of 9

I am fairly new at this but I did buy the bake even strips several months ago. In my exprerience, It takes longer to bake a cake, however, they do come out more level. The bake even strips insulates the outside of the cake so it doesn't cook too fast so you get a more even distribution of baking.

Hope that helps. Can't wait to hear what others say.

pebblez87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pebblez87 Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 12:10am
post #3 of 9

i bought them and i noticed a big difference. I used to have the extremely domed centers or really dry crispy outsides and nearly raw middles( chocolate cake). I have little to no dome which means not as much cake shaving so you can keep the thickness and i think it does cook more evenly. I have heard of some people soaking terry cloth towels but i guess i like the premade stuff

nicolesprinkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesprinkle Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 12:20am
post #4 of 9

It does take a little longer to bake a cake with these, but I think it is worth it! My cakes used to be domed and have really crispy dark edges. Now I have a perfectly even and tender cake. It really works great with deeper pans also!

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 12:26am
post #5 of 9

I've used these for years & believe they really do work as everyone else has said.....worth the money.

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 12:27am
post #6 of 9

I love these things. I even use them for brownies and other bars. Since I started using them I very rarely have to level cakes and there is practically no waste. The even cooking makes for more consistent flavor and texture.

I soak mine in warm water to absorb more quickly. Cold water is suggested, but I was impatient one day and discovered the warm water was a great fix.

Michele

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 12:28am
post #7 of 9

I love these things. I even use them for brownies and other bars. Since I started using them I very rarely have to level cakes and there is practically no waste. The even cooking makes for more consistent flavor and texture.

I soak mine in warm water to absorb more quickly. Cold water is suggested, but I was impatient one day and discovered the warm water was a great fix.

Michele

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 4:14am
post #8 of 9

It made my cake more moist and it baked evenly.

thecakeplace2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakeplace2 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 2:58pm
post #9 of 9

I used to use them but found the lowering the temp of my oven down to 335 works just as well for baking an even cake........

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%