Soccer Ball Pan Users

Decorating By kokopuff Updated 11 Jul 2009 , 1:17am by PinkLisa

kokopuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kokopuff Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 12:34am
post #1 of 5

I am using two halves of a soccer ball pan to make one whole baseball.I will be covering it in mmf.My question is do you think I should put a cake board in between layers and add a dowel rod or will the mmf be enough to hold it together and it will be traveling about 25 miles.Any suggestions will be appreciated .Thanks!

4 replies
kokopuff Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 12:42am
post #2 of 5

anyone

Cakeandcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeandcupcakes Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 12:42am
post #3 of 5

I've used that pan plenty and normally just fill it with buttercream. I wouldn't put a cake board between layers. Maybe a dowel to hold it for the trip. Use a dense cake and you'll be fine.

kokopuff Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 12:44am
post #4 of 5

thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 1:17am
post #5 of 5

I recently used to halves of the soccer ball pan to make a round soccer ball (you can see the cake in my photos). I used buttercream between the two halves and a dowel rod through the entire ball to hold it together. It was covered in Satin Ice fondant.

You will need to carve the sides though to make it round (the pan makes it a bit too wide).

I was thinking that maybe I should have added a cake board between the two halves though to make it easier to cut -- given the rule that any cake more than 4" high should have a cake board in it. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%