Sculpting Tinkerbell On A Dolphin

Decorating By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 12 Jul 2009 , 9:07pm by superstar

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 11:11pm
post #1 of 8

I have a request for a 3d tinkerbell riding on the back of a dolphin to go ontop of a cake and I cannot decide what would be the best way to accomplish it. After looking at the pics on the site I am very aware of the fact that if I do not get her proportions right she is going to look very wierd. I am thinking that I should make a wire armature on which to build her and making one for the dolphin as well. What are your thougths? I have done flat images of popular characters before and have allways been able to capture thier likenesses but this one has me nervous.

7 replies
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 8

OK, Lets assume it is just a small blonde girl on a non specific fish of some sort. Anyone?? lol

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 1:54am
post #3 of 8

Allrighty then, I guess I am on my own with this one. I have never had a posting go totally unresponded to. I guess there is a first time for everything. lol

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:04am
post #4 of 8

someone will help you soon.. i wish i could help you.. but the right person will see this and help you..patience... patience.. patience..ha!

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:12am
post #5 of 8

You might get some help from RylanTy. He does amazing cakes and he does his sculpting from RKT's. He might have some ideas as to how you can do this.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 9:57pm
post #6 of 8

If you are doing this as a topper I don't think you will need an armature, make the dolphin first & I would make it out of RKT mixed with melted chocolate to really stabalize it & then cover it with fondant mixed with Tylose, once you have the size of your dolphin you should be able to judge the size of your Tinkerbell fairy, make the dolphin as large as you can so that your fairy doesn't have to be so tiny that you can hardly see her. Looking forward to seeing your cake, it is a lovely idea.

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 3:05pm
post #7 of 8

Superstar, Thanks so much! I had been waiting to do a rkt sculpture and this may be the perfect opportunity. Here is my only question, I don't think I mentoned this but these peices are being mailed to my client who is a decorator in California. I live in Missouri and alot of my business is custom cake decorations that I mail. I have never mailed a 3d piece. Most of my items are 2 demensional. With this in mind, do you think the rkt will hold up? Sorry I did not mention that before. I appreciate your response.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 9:07pm
post #8 of 8

If you mix it with the chocolate it will be very strong & it should be fine. The melted chocolate really gives the RKT strength & body.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%