Color Fading???

Decorating By Unisteph Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 1:32am by Unisteph

Unisteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unisteph Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing my first Fondant/Gumpaste figure for my daughters birthday cake. I am new to the whole fondant thing. She has requested a purple dog for the top. I was planning on making that ahead of time to give it a week or so to dry....Problem is I also made some purple fondant daisies a few days ago. I just checked them today and they are no longer purple..they are blue. I had them sitting on my counter uncovered to dry out.

How do I prevent this from happening to my dog??? Should I keep it in a covered container?? Will it dry if I do?? Was planning on making it tonight..the cake is for her party on the 18th. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 5

Avoid any type of light, that would help a bit. There is this specific brand of coloring that will not fade--hopefully someone will chime in and let you know.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 5

Avoid any type of light, that would help a bit. There is this specific brand of coloring that will not fade--hopefully someone will chime in and let you know.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 5

just make your dog.. just keep it out of any type of light.. any type... any color will fade if set out in any kind of light.. had lots of experience with it all. so cover things up with paper tower.. litely. and put in dark corner..

Unisteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unisteph Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 1:32am
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much. icon_biggrin.gif I will make him tomorrow and keep him covered up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%