Epson C88+ Is Not Working...cake Due Saturday

Decorating By cryssi Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 2:10pm by cryssi

cryssi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cryssi Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:39am
post #1 of 8

I'm having a dilemma! I'm doing a smash cake and cupcakes with an edible image on the cake, and edible image on white chocolate discs for the cupcakes. My edible printer is NOT WORKING! I've cleaned the cartridges ad nauseum, and have even just today dumped $80 on NEW cartridges to no avail. I fear that my printer has just gone kaput, and the order is due Saturday! Do I need to get a new printer? I'd have to go with another c88+, unfortunately, to get use out of my new cartridges. This is an old printer, and there are very few places that carry it. I don't know if there is anywhere I can get my images printed for me, either. I did not anticipate this, as I haven't had this problem, ever.

Any ideas? Please help! TIA!

7 replies
Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:50am
post #2 of 8

Sorry, I cant offer any advice on the printer, but where I live, Walmart bakery will print edible images for $5 a sheet.

drummerg68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drummerg68 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:58am
post #3 of 8

I can help you if the printer is just like a normal pc printer. If so you want to make sure the the driver is still on your pc. you may want to uninstall it completely and reinstall it. I is a very easy thing to do but i recommend trying that before putting anymore money into it. It should fix your problem. if you don't know how to do it just pm me and i will walk you through the steps.

cryssi Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 5:04am
post #4 of 8

Thanks...I don't think anywhere will print the image for me b/c it is Elmo...I've been thinking of it.

I actually just installed the driver on this computer, because it wasn't on here. I will try to uninstall and reinstall, but do you think that will help? The black cartridge is not working...I've tried 3. The colored ones print sporadically.

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 5:19am
post #5 of 8

if you call Kopy Kakes, they will help you too.....mine was doing the same thing. We went out and bought REGULAR ink cartridges and put them through and cleaned the print heads.....then put the edible cartridges back in....still didn't work. My husband took a straight pin to the ink heads and cleaned the out. Worked like a charm. It is now working like new.

cryssi Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 5:41am
post #6 of 8

Thanks again, everyone. I bought a new c88+ today after calling Epson tech support. They told me pretty much what I already knew...that it was a hardware problem and to either get it serviced or buy a new one. Seeing as how the c88+ is a cheap printer, it wouldn't be worth it to get it serviced, since it is out of warranty. Oh well. I got a lot of use out of it, I suppose. The new printer works great, so it's all good...

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 6:07am
post #7 of 8

If you run anything other than Epson approved printer inks in these printers(I was told edible inks are NOT Epson approved) your warranty is shot from the time you installed them.

If you haven't done so already, a chip resetter is a good investment(doesn't cost much at all) for the use on Epson printers with edible ink cartridges installed.

cryssi Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:10pm
post #8 of 8

yup, have one of those. I use it every time I refill my cartridges...

I knew that about the warranty. Oh well. That's why I bought the cheap printer...they don't last forever!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%