In Search Of A Tasty Cake ...(A Bit Long)

Decorating By catin Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 12:27am by MrsCupcake

catin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catin Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 12:06am
post #1 of 4

Ok , here is the deal . I was recently informed that I need to make 4 cakes for the beginning of August . Not including my own son's Cake . The reason behind this is that my husband's side of the Family want to celebrate 4 individual birthdays with one party, since members of his family will be visiting for out of town . My SIL and Daughter are both 15 (Celebrating together ) my son (which the party is going to be on his Birthday ) and my MIL (Birthday in the middle of August) .

I have the both teenagers cake flavors down (which will be regular Vanilla and Chocolate ) But what I'm having trouble with is the other two . What flavours should I make for those ? I really want to try something different for the MIL's Cake( which the design will be an elephant 3D... if that helps) and for my son's (which he will be 7 on that day ) .

Can you give me some flavors that would be great . I'm stuck and I can't seem to get my head around the flavors .

Thank you so much ... truly appreciated ...

Julie

3 replies
cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 12:14am
post #2 of 4

What about a peanut butter cake (or filling) for your MIL's cake? Elephant - peanuticon_smile.gif

What does your son like? What about a rainbow cake? You can use the WASC recipe and add whatever flavoring he would like - cherry, strawberry, banana, etc.

briannastreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 12:19am
post #3 of 4

You could do a strawberry cake with creamcheese filling/icing... I really liked that when I tried it. hth icon_smile.gif

MrsCupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsCupcake Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 12:27am
post #4 of 4

Try this out. http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=625803&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Search the forums for keywords "gourmet flavors" There is tons of info on flavor options.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%