Need Help With Idea For 20Th Birthday Cake

Decorating By TantalizingTreats Updated 6 Jul 2009 , 10:22pm by Escaliba

TantalizingTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TantalizingTreats Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 9:26pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all cake artists... I need some help coming up with a design for a 20th birthday. I can do whatever I want... she likes pink and its gonna be a 8" square one tier cake.... any ideas of what I can do... I am having a mental brain fart.

Thanks in advance

Charleen

4 replies
mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 5

Hmmm, I prefer my customers to give me free rein, but this is kinda ridiculous...all you have is "pink?!'

Flowers
Girly stuff like lipstick, compacts, etc.
Black feathers
Polka dots
Pink food...cotton candy, bubble gum, watermelon (it's pink, right?)

Good luck!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 5

i would color the icing pink.. whether it be b/c or fondant.. black dots all over ..small ones.. lipstick, compact,etc.. black boa around bottom.. etc. that she mentioned.. you can,t mess it up, can you.. this is what she asked for.. hth

katielb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katielb Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 9:52pm
post #4 of 5

Are you able to get any more info?? Hobbies or interests??
Just "pink" does leave the options widely varied.
If you dont know the customer, i would suggest sticking to polka dots or zebra stripes - that kind of thing rather than a theme such as cosmetics or shoes/bags etc.
Go with something funky icon_wink.gif

Escaliba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Escaliba Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 10:22pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TantalizingTreats

Hi all cake artists... I need some help coming up with a design for a 20th birthday. I can do whatever I want... she likes pink and its gonna be a 8" square one tier cake.... any ideas of what I can do... I am having a mental brain fart.

Thanks in advance

Charleen

I have done a few cakes for 20/21/22 year old girls recently & I also consulted my 22 year old daughter, who helps with the decorating, when home from university.
You certainly have not been given enough suggestions/ideas.
Like mandysue says, just pink is quite ridiculous.
I was asked to do a cake in feminine colours but definitely not girly stuff for a 20 year old. She was an outdoor girl, so I did a combination of flowers, butterflies & ponies, which worked very well. She was delighted with the results.
Hearts can also work quite well, either combined with flowers or by themselves.
But I really think you must be given some more ideas what the girl would like.
As my daughter says, she loves pink but would be quite horrified at a cake with 'girly stuff such as make up on it'.
Now her best friend of the past 15 years would love a cake like that.
Girls of that age have very definite ideas what they do & do not like.
It also would not hurt to tone down the pink a bit with touches of other colours.
But basically, you must be given more ideas/suggestions before going any further.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%