Mmf, Can I Use...

Decorating By CookieO Updated 6 Jul 2009 , 6:42pm by CookieO

CookieO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieO Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 4

the big marshmellows to make MMF? and if so, what amt of ingredients?

I want to try it out for the first time, I can't run out to the store today, and only have the large marshmellows on hand.

I apologize, I know I have seen it asked before somewhere, but cant find it now. icon_cry.gif

3 replies
mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 4

I've seen people say only use mini - only use big - do not use jet puffed - make sure they are fresh - only use Kraft - only use store brand ...

I have used big marshmallows in the past with no problem. My last two batches were made using big ones and the fondant didn't turn out. One batch actually went into the trash. Do I think it was because I used big marshmallows? No, I just think that is how MMF works ... sometimes it doesn't and other times it does. I'm going to switch to MFF and see if it is fail safe like I have read. icon_biggrin.gif

KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 4

I have not had a failure with mmf, and I have used both big and little marshmallow, but I am questioning the MFF I have made. I have made MFF twice now and I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I get little or no stretch to it, it will roll out but the edges are all ragged, I haven't tried to use to cover a cake as yet, just adding fondant accents to cakes and it works fine for that, but I don't think it would work to roll out to cover a cake with it. It seems to me it should have some stretch to it. Any one out there in CC land who can tell me what it is supposed to be like.

CookieO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieO Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 6:42pm
post #4 of 4

holy mother of all things good! I'm making a Sweet & Salty Chocolate cake today for my husbands work. I tried the Nestle's Duche de Leche a few min ago, WOW! I could have eaten the whole can with a spoon! off my own post topic, but WOW! that stuff is really good! Could caramel type filling get an easier then that? YUM! More of that is def going on my shopping list to keep on hand. icon_biggrin.gif

at any rate...thanks ladies. I'll play with it later this evening with the marshmellows that I have. what's the worse that can happen besides some ingredients going in the trash. that's nothing new around here. lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%