Thoughts On The Uploading Of Sketches...

Decorating By grandmaruth Updated 6 Jul 2009 , 2:59pm by Loucinda

grandmaruth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmaruth Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 9:42am
post #1 of 4

instead of the finished cakes...is it just me or would others prefer to wait and see the finished cake....my concern is that anyone can pretty much draw a cake but the skill is making it come to life....

3 replies
CookieO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieO Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 2:24pm
post #2 of 4

If ppl wish to upload their sketches that may possibly inspire others and/or give others design ideas, that's fabulous.

I dont concern myself with can they make it come to life, for me the question is...if I like the sketch can *I* make it a reality.
If not, I move on to something else and dont question the gift of their varied talents or what they choose to upload.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 2:48pm
post #3 of 4

taking my cue for the world of design (set, costume, architecture)

designers design (draw plans, sketches, specifications)

then talented crafters (contractors, seamstresses, carpenters, painters and on down the list of all the skilled trades) make it a reality.

rarely are both merged in one person (see Julie Taymor!)

only in the world of food have we come to expect the two to merge....

BUT

in the world of food advertising -- the food stylist takes other's cooking and "beautifies" it -- sort of a food cosmetician! (I'm ready for my close-up, CB!)

so, bring on the sketches. Inspiration is always welcome.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 2:59pm
post #4 of 4

I agree w/ Doug - I love the inspiration, I save the ones I like, I am sure there are folks who don't want to see them, but they don't have to! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%