Stencil On Smbc??? Has Anyone Done It?

Decorating By tinygoose Updated 4 Jul 2009 , 8:18pm by __Jamie__

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 5

I'm doing a wedding cake in August with SMBC. I know, it's hot that month but it's going to be an A/C local event and I cut the SMBC with Sweetex in hot months.

I'm wondering if anyone has done a side stencil on SMBC. It's going to be black stencil on off-white. I figure I'll chill it good then add the stencil? Should I stencil with RI, decorator icing? or SMBC? Any tips would be great. Thank you for any help.

4 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 6:18pm
post #2 of 5

Wow. I don't know if I would ever attempt it. I mean, as soon as it comes out of the fridge, bam. It's got condensation. I would think your stencil would stick to it like glue, and then pull off the icing. Unless, you stencil, leave the stencil on there, and pop it back in the fridge, and THEN pull it off after is hard again. Like, standing there in the fridge door, pulling it off.

tinygoose Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 5

I've seen or heard of it done on BC before. I'm assuming that is only crusting BC? Maybe I should do a fondant plaque type piece underneath, do you think that would do the trick?

tinygoose Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 5

I've seen or heard of it done on BC before. I'm assuming that is only crusting BC? Maybe I should do a fondant plaque type piece underneath, do you think that would do the trick?

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 8:18pm
post #5 of 5

Hee hee.....yes! I'm always up for promoting a fondant/GP plaque!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%