Need Help With Modeling Chocolate Or Fondant Question

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 3 Jul 2009 , 8:15pm by Molly2

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 4

I will be making a Pirate Ship cake for my Nephews Birthday I want to make all the figures to go on this cake and I would like to use Modeling Chocolate and or Candy Clay does anyone have a suggestion or ideas as to what would be the best recipe or would fondant be better I live in Texas and will be traveling 130 miles with this cake also if you have a good Modeling Chocolate recipe would you please share. icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you
Molly

3 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 5:59pm
post #2 of 4

modeling chocolate, chocolate plastique or candy clay are are the same.
it can be stored at room temperature for sometime. I don't know about hot weather, maybe you can make your figurines out of a mixture of half gumpaste and half fondant.
here is a link for recipes:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/MODELING-CHOCOLATE-1230009

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 6:39pm
post #3 of 4

Fondant will hold up better than chocolate with this crazy hot weather we're having. Think about it...when you buy a candy bar, if you open it on the way home it's already soft from just a few minutes out in the heat (or at least that keeps happening to my kids, they're calling it chocolate soup). I think the same might happen with chocolate figures (although they do sound much yummier than fondant ones)

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 8:15pm
post #4 of 4

Thank You Texas_Rose
for all your input I think I will go with the fondant its 104 today and charmed
Thank you for the link to the recipes I may make some to see how it holds up in the heat

Molly thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%