Help Please!

Decorating By Uniqueask Updated 3 Jul 2009 , 2:41pm by Uniqueask

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 7

Ok I just mixed some Gumpaste using the Wilton Gumpaste mix, and it is really soft and sticky, and I have a really hard time rolling it out, I followed the Instructions to the T. And this is not the first time I made it all the other times it came out great, I keep adding way more powered sugar to see if it would get stiff but it did not, could it be the humidity, and if so what can I add to it. I have made a whole 2 Lbs because I wanted to try some projects.

Thanks In Advance

6 replies
CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 7

Hmmm I was going to suggest icing sugar (powdered sugar)....... what about letting it sit for a bit? Give it a chance to set?
HTH,
Ashley

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:23pm
post #3 of 7

Well, i agree let it sit for a while. It probably is the humidity we have been getting a ton of rain lately

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:25pm
post #4 of 7

Yes give it a chance to set. If still sticky, roll out on a cornstarch dusted board. The cornstarch won't affect the gumpaste but it will absorb some of the moisture.

Uniqueask Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:30pm
post #5 of 7

Mis Dawn I did what you a while before I posted My Question I guess I will wait a little longer Thanks Again guys Peg I sent u a Pm

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:33pm
post #6 of 7

1. add cornstarch (no more sugar)
Technical reason: Sugar is hygoscopic, meaning it draws water from the atmosphere to itself. NOT what you're looking for.
2. Wait. gumpaste needs to "cure."

Uniqueask Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:41pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks leahs I was waiting for u or indeby to reply so Happy when I saw your reply.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%