Zebra Print

Decorating By jcarla Updated 2 Jul 2009 , 1:49pm by BatterLover

jcarla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jcarla Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 4:58am
post #1 of 9

any ideals on applying zebra print to a sweet 16 cake.

8 replies
mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 5:10am
post #2 of 9

I just made a grad cake and I just cut random stripes out of fondant, airbrushed them black and applied them with a bit of water, I think it turned out good, its in my pics if you would like to look! Have fun!

mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 5:10am
post #3 of 9

I just made a grad cake and I just cut random stripes out of fondant, airbrushed them black and applied them with a bit of water, I think it turned out good, its in my pics if you would like to look! Have fun!

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 5:17am
post #4 of 9

I just added black coloring to dark brown (chocolate) satin ice fondant to make it black. Then free hand cut out the stripes, and placed them on the cake! Feel free to look in my photos for the pink and black "sweet 17" cake.

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 5:19am
post #5 of 9

I just added black coloring to dark brown (chocolate) satin ice fondant to make it black. Then free hand cut out the stripes, and placed them on the cake! Feel free to look in my photos for the pink and black "sweet 17" cake.

jcarla Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 5:38am
post #6 of 9

Thanks guys so much. I am going to try. I am stepping out of my comfort zone. will post picture next week. Thanks again

jcarla Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 5:38am
post #7 of 9

Thanks guys so much. I am going to try. I am stepping out of my comfort zone. will post picture next week. Thanks again

jcarla Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 5:39am
post #8 of 9

BatterLover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterLover Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 1:49pm
post #9 of 9

I recently saw a video tutorial on applying zebra stripes at: http://www.creativecelebrationcakes.co.uk - Click on "Get Creative", then "Videos" and you'll see one about zebra stripes. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%