New To This And Need Some Help!!! Please

Baking By cuppiecake69 Updated 2 Jul 2009 , 11:45am by GayeG

cuppiecake69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuppiecake69 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 11:58am
post #1 of 5

Hi there...ive just started using this website..so hi to all!!!
Thing is im in the UK and ive found it really difficult to find cake recipes other than the NORM..ie vanilla madeira cake and so on.
I am currently watching ACE OF CAKES on tv and ive seen their diversity of sponges used for sculpting cakes and just wondered if anyone out there has got any such recipes....i would be forever grateful!!

Kelly
xxx

4 replies
GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 12:20pm
post #2 of 5

Hi CC69! A warm welcome!!

If you'll look in the recipe section here there are TONS of recipes that will work for you - I've never used a "sponge" for carving but any POUND cake recipe will work great - also any recipe that says "durable" in it usually works great too icon_smile.gif (As in "Durable Wedding Cake" recipe) on here ... And they're very tasty too!!!
Just go to the recipe tab - type into the keyword slot either DURABLE or POUND cakes and any should work for ya!!
HTH! And good luck w/your search!!

GayeG Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 12:21pm
post #3 of 5

Hi CC69! A warm welcome!!

If you'll look in the recipe section here there are TONS of recipes that will work for you - I've never used a "sponge" for carving but any POUND cake recipe will work great - also any recipe that says "durable" in it usually works great too icon_smile.gif (As in "Durable Wedding Cake" recipe) on here ... And they're very tasty too!!!
Just go to the recipe tab - type into the keyword slot either DURABLE or POUND cakes and any should work for ya!!
HTH! And good luck w/your search!!

cuppiecake69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuppiecake69 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 6:59am
post #4 of 5

Thanks alot hun...that really helped!!!!!
Hopefully i will get the hang of this eventually...im just overwhelmed with all the info...ive never found a place like it..im like a kiddie in a sweetie shop...hahahaha
Thanks
xxx

GayeG Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 11:45am
post #5 of 5

Your absolutly welcome!!
I understand how you feel - wasnt that long ago for me either that I found this jewel of a site! I've been baking for years and still, Ive learned twice as much since coming here icon_smile.gif
So have fun!! And let us know how your first expierence with a different kind of cake works for you!!
{{{Huggs}}}
Gaye

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%