Fondant Draping And Bows

Decorating By marthamom Updated 30 Jun 2009 , 6:16pm by BakedbyLisa

marthamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthamom Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 3

Made my daughter's grad cake last year and had a blast. I'm making a wedding cake for my cousin (never made a wedding cake before). Long story short, the bakery lost her order and I volunteered to make her cake and want to use fondant because I love the clean lines it gives. I've worked with store bought fondant before, but the taste, Ugh! I found the recipe for MM fondant and used it for a practice cake I made this weekend. The flavor is great, but the problem I had was draping it. It wasn't the right consistency to drape and hold the shape. Do I have to add gum paste to the MM fondant to get the correct consistency? Is there another recipe I should try? The recipe I used was mm fluff and powdered sugar. Any response would be greatly appreciated. The wedding is 8/01.

P.S. Love this site. I'm totally addicted!

2 replies
BakedbyLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakedbyLisa Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 3

I use the mmf receipe on this site called Lisa's MMF. It calls for marshmallows, crisco and powder sugar. I've used it to top all kinds of cakes and have not had a problem. I've never used it for drapping but don't see why it would not work. Satin ice fondant works well but it is expensive compared to making your own mmf. Good luck.

BakedbyLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakedbyLisa Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 3

I use the mmf receipe on this site called Lisa's MMF. It calls for marshmallows, crisco and powder sugar. I've used it to top all kinds of cakes and have not had a problem. I've never used it for drapping but don't see why it would not work. Satin ice fondant works well but it is expensive compared to making your own mmf. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%