Advice For Cookie Virgin?!?

Baking By Caker_Girl Updated 2 Jul 2009 , 12:40am by luv2bake6

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:22pm
post #31 of 51

Luv2bake - everyone's posts are doubling and tripling. Something is wrong with the system right now. No worries!

cylstrial Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:23pm
post #32 of 51

Luv2bake - everyone's posts are doubling and tripling. Something is wrong with the system right now. No worries!

cylstrial Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 7:24pm
post #33 of 51

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:28pm
post #34 of 51

I roll my NFSC a bit thicker 3/8 to 1/2 inch. I push the sticks in from the bottom before cooking; carefully turn over to check back, press just a bit of dough on to cover if needed. I use either Anton74 icing or Marshmallow fondant- I like both. The Ant74 works well to detail the fondant, tho I have had smooshed polka dots- that may be because I don't leave enough dry time, or could be because the icing is not rock hard like regular RI. I usually cut MMF, keep under plastic, then spread cookie with cornsyrup after cool to attach. I have never tried doing it while hot.
I have used lemon flavoring in the dough and in the icing, I have also tried almond. Everyone except my son loves the lemon.

There is a wonderful cinnamon spice cookie recipe on www.karenscookies.net. That is actually my fam's fav. ADD: She also has a few great videos on doing cookies on sticks, and shows different icing techniques to acheive the same design.

Good luck, and have fun!

Lcubed82 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:29pm
post #35 of 51

I roll my NFSC a bit thicker 3/8 to 1/2 inch. I push the sticks in from the bottom before cooking; carefully turn over to check back, press just a bit of dough on to cover if needed. I use either Anton74 icing or Marshmallow fondant- I like both. The Ant74 works well to detail the fondant, tho I have had smooshed polka dots- that may be because I don't leave enough dry time, or could be because the icing is not rock hard like regular RI. I usually cut MMF, keep under plastic, then spread cookie with cornsyrup after cool to attach. I have never tried doing it while hot.
I have used lemon flavoring in the dough and in the icing, I have also tried almond. Everyone except my son loves the lemon.

There is a wonderful cinnamon spice cookie recipe on www.karenscookies.net. That is actually my fam's fav.

Good luck, and have fun!

Lcubed82 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:30pm
post #36 of 51

There is a wonderful cinnamon spice cookie recipe on www.karenscookies.net. That is actually my fam's fav.

Good luck, and have fun!

Lcubed82 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:31pm
post #37 of 51

Good luck, and have fun!

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 11:35pm
post #38 of 51

Caker_Girl - I keep my corn syrup in a squeeze bottle and put little dots of syrup on the cookie.

luv2bake6 - The greasiness really goes away. I noticed that when I bagged my cookies, right after decorating with RBC, that it would smear the bag. So I happen to let them sit out overnight and bagged them the next day. I don't have the smear that way and they don't look greasy.

As far as the box absorbing the grease, I don't know. Doesn't seem the case, because I use and reuse these boxes since I paid $2 a piece for them at the local pizzeria. I line them with aluminum foil each time I use them.

Newatdecorating Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 11:36pm
post #39 of 51

Caker_Girl - I keep my corn syrup in a squeeze bottle and put little dots of syrup on the cookie.

luv2bake6 - The greasiness really goes away. I noticed that when I bagged my cookies, right after decorating with RBC, that it would smear the bag. So I happen to let them sit out overnight and bagged them the next day. I don't have the smear that way and they don't look greasy.

As far as the box absorbing the grease, I don't know. Doesn't seem the case, because I use and reuse these boxes since I paid $2 a piece for them at the local pizzeria. I line them with aluminum foil each time I use them.

Newatdecorating Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 11:37pm
post #40 of 51

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:29am
post #41 of 51

That's amazing. I'm going to try to leave them out the next time i try it. Have you decorated on the RBC with RI? Does it stick? I know that RI starts to break down when introduced to anything greasy but if the grease goes away........

luv2bake6 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:30am
post #42 of 51

That's amazing. I'm going to try to leave them out the next time i try it. Have you decorated on the RBC with RI? Does it stick? I know that RI starts to break down when introduced to anything greasy but if the grease goes away........

luv2bake6 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:31am
post #43 of 51

luv2bake6 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:32am
post #44 of 51

Lcubed82 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:45am
post #45 of 51

Great idea about the corn syrup in a squeeze bottle! I hate trying to spread it with spatula!

Lcubed82 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:46am
post #46 of 51

Great idea about the corn syrup in a squeeze bottle! I hate trying to spread it with spatula!

Lcubed82 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:47am
post #47 of 51

Lcubed82 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:48am
post #48 of 51

Newatdecorating Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 11:35am
post #49 of 51

I use RI on the RBC all the time. I don't have a problem with it.

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 12:33pm
post #50 of 51

You might want to read this thread for info on making the bouquet...Shiney has a great method of attaching the stick to the bag, not the cookie. I did it myself (no glue, just tape) and it worked BEAUTIFULLY!! icon_smile.gif No worries about the cookie crumbling or falling off the stick.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=619564&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Good luck!

luv2bake6 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 12:40am
post #51 of 51

newatdecorating, thank you. I will try it out when i get a chance.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%