Stacked Wedding Cake Cookies...help

Baking By mrswendel Updated 29 Jun 2009 , 7:51pm by -Tubbs

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:58pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all,

So, cookies are not my normal request..but I have a bride that wants to do the stacked wedding cake cookies that she saw from Martha Stewart as her favours (about 100 of them!). She is also booking a cake with me so I would like to do what she wants if possible. However, I have no idea what to charge for these. She wants them boxed and bowed with a thank you tag. Would any of you be willing to share what you charge and any tips prior to me making a decision on if I will do this?

Thanks in advance!
LL

6 replies
G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 7

Hmmm... ok this is how I would try to work it out:

Figure out what it would cost you to make the cookies, all the ingredients, add to that what it would cost you to get the ribbon and the packaging along with the tag's and also add to that the cost of the ink (I would factor in a brand new ink cartridge possibly 2)

Once you have that total I would then double it in price then divide by 100 and there is your cost for each.

Hope this helps

Miss Lizzy

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 7

triple the price, at minimum....that's standard for sales/labor costs!

I would charge at least $9-$10 apiece for these myself. You will not believe the time you spend rolling/cutting/baking/icing/assembling/decorating/packing/tying bows & tags for 100 of these.

Please don't undercharge! thumbsdown.gif

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks ladies....I figured that they would be in the same range as mini cakes (which she also wanted pricing for). Thanks so much for your replies!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 4:59pm
post #5 of 7

Yup..I would charge about $10.00-$12.00 each maybe a bit more depending on the cost of the little boxes and ribbon.I have priced the boxes out and they are quite costly so make sure you calculate for all that!!

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 5:51pm
post #6 of 7

I won't say how much I charged for a upcoming wedding (way too little !! But I really wanted the contract to have some visibility !).. I'll do 100 but not as big as the martha steward one's......

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 7:51pm
post #7 of 7

I have these priced at $13. Look at how much dough they take! I can get 5 cookie cakes max. from a standard batch of dough. That's a lot of ingredients, mixing, rolling & baking. Make sure it's worth your while.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%