Billy Mays

Lounge By shelbur10 Updated 30 Jun 2009 , 11:51am by cakes22

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 6

Just read that Billy Mays has passed. I've become a recent fan of his show "Pitchmen" - he seemed like such a likeable and nice guy. My 7 yo son absolutely adores every commercial he's ever made. When I tell him commercials lie, he says "But I bet Billy Mays doesn't lie."

Another sad and sudden passing in a very troublesome week.

RIP

5 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 6

I just saw this on the Comcast site and couldn't believe it either. It said he was on that US Air flight that had it's tires blow out on landing yesterday in Tampa.

He was interviewed when he was getting off the plane and he told the reporter it was a heavy impact and stuff fell from the overhead compartments on impact. He said he got hit really hard in the head but he wasn't worried because he had a hard head.

I just wonder if this had anything to do with his sudden death. Very sad week indeed. icon_sad.gif

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 7:00pm
post #3 of 6

I read the same, Deb. Seems very likely that he had an undiagnosed injury.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 6

This is such an odd week as far as stars deaths go. I couldn't imagine being is wife and finding him like that.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:55pm
post #5 of 6

Many times when someone is hit hard on the head in the "Perfect spot" it cause a brain hemmorage.It is kinda like a freak accident but does happen.This is like what happened to Natasha Richardson when she fell and hit her head skiing..the same thing...she felt sick later and then suddenly her brain hemmoraged and she died.It is rare but does happen...Very Sad though....

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 11:51am
post #6 of 6

New reports (GMA) said he died from heart disease in his sleep & that his head injury had nothing to do with his death.

Bizarre........

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%