How Long Will A Fondant Covered Cake Last?

Decorating By Countrycake Updated 25 Jun 2009 , 11:06pm by BillaCakes

Countrycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Countrycake Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 3

I'm wondering how far in advance I can make a fondant covered cake and have it still taste good and not stale or dry. I'm wanting to make a cake 2 days in advance. ??

2 replies
idjitmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idjitmom Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 3

I've done that & it's been just fine, nobody knew but me lol. Just make sure that you refrigerate it if it needs it, & thatthere aren't any ingredients/fillings that won't last (like fresh fruit as a filling, it will go mush even if it's refrigerated).

BillaCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BillaCakes Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 11:06pm
post #3 of 3

I've made many a cake a couple days in advance. I usually don't go more than two days before the event, but I had to do one three days in advance and I simply wrapped it up in several layers of plastic wrap a few hours after it had baked. You can also use a simple syrup (aka moistening syrup) on torted layers to bring back some of the moisture if needed. The recipe I use is 1 part water, 1 part sugar (usually 1 cup of each) and then boil them together. Once they're boiling, remove from heat and cover for three minutes. Then add some flavoring extract or leave it plain. I actually use the leftover syrup in my coffee as it mixes better than regular sugar, LOL When it's cool, you just brush it or spray it on and it works wonders!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%