Calling All Creative Minds..ideas Needed For Allergist

Baking By sweetcravings Updated 24 Jun 2009 , 1:34pm by sweetcravings

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:32am
post #1 of 4

I was hoping some of you creative girls/guys can help me come up with a really creative idea for cookeis for my son's allergist and then a separate batch for the nurses at the hospital.
Just to give you background...my son has been undergoing oral food challenges for his peanut/tree nut allergies at the hospital every month. Next month is his last scheduled app't and i wanted to thank the staff and doctor for all their support with what else...cookies. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif I'm really struggling to come up with fun ideas for cookies. The nurses basically just checked his tummy etc..after each exposure, and handed him the nuts. The doctor, well he did the inital check and was their for support.
Please help me come up with some fun ideas.

3 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:46am
post #2 of 4

well... how about cookie peanuts?

or syringes?

or doctor/nurse bears?

or a tummy with all the "prick" dots?

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 11:47am
post #3 of 4

You must be so-o-o excited to have this almost finished! And I'm sure your son won't miss all the poking and prodding. With my needle phobia, I won't even go there!

I liked bonniebakes suggestion about the doctor/nurse bears. There are so many cute examples of those in the cookie gallery. You could do some of those, and maybe some bright, colorful stars. Are you thinking bouquets, or platters?

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 1:34pm
post #4 of 4

Those are some great ideas. I was thinking..bonniebakes..that's a great idea about the skin test. I think i might do it on an arm though since that's what he's always had. Then i was thinking maybe an epipen, stethescope. You guys got my creative juices flowing again..thanks.

Susan..yup, thrilled that this is almost nearing the end. Last challenge is the first tuesday of next month. Then we will only have two other nuts to rule out and i think we will challenge them at home as per the doctors advise. There is such a small chance that he would react that he feels it's safe to do it at home. Things have changed so much over such a short time..it's exciting. It's so weird not to have to worry about every little thing he puts in his mouth. Honestly, i never thought i would see the day he was cleared of all allergies, yet we are getting so close i can taste the sweet joy of victory. It's such a blessing.

Well, off to check the galleries for those nurse bears..thanks again. If anyone else has more suggestions, fire away.

Suzanne

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%