Need Help With Baking, Question And Problem

Decorating By spoodlegirl Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 9:11pm by indydebi

spoodlegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spoodlegirl Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 6

I have a question and a problem...When I bake my cakes I have problem with the cake seeming to be undercooked at the bottom of the pan. It is a thin moist line . I have tried moving the pan to different places in my oven. I am trying to figure out if is my oven, the pans(wilton) or me somehow. Hopefully not the later because I just using mixes, I don't have the time for scratch. The molded and theme cake pans do fine, but they are thinner. For me to get the cakes to cook I have to put it on the bottom and bake for 10-15min longer. The top of the cake suffers some though. Also when I baked my cupcakes the papers burned.

Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

5 replies
mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 6

It sounds like the problem may be your oven temperature. Do you have an oven thermometer to make sure you are baking at the right temp?

You said you only use mixes - what brand do you use and are you doctoring them or mixing according to the box directions?

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 7:59pm
post #3 of 6

First get an oven thermometer and test the temperature of your oven in varous spots. This will either eliminate your oven as the culprit or indicate that you have 'hot spots', etc.

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 8:02pm
post #4 of 6

Have you tried using a heat core?

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 8:33pm
post #5 of 6

Yep, just what I was going to recommend - a heating core or a flower nail. Your batter is not being cooked all the way through. Your oven temp. could very well be the culprit as the other ladies suggested.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 9:11pm
post #6 of 6

I"m voting for an oven temp issue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%