Fondant Balls

Decorating By Modonmr Updated 29 Jun 2009 , 3:59pm by txnonnie

Modonmr Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 5:48am
post #1 of 9

How do I make fondant balls all the same size, I am putting them around the bottom of the cake and do not know how to make them the same size

8 replies
Melnick Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 10:15am
post #2 of 9

I saw that Applegum had a method where you put the fondant through a pasta machine to get it all the same thickness and then use a circle tip (I'd probably use a larger one) to cut out the exact same size of fondant each time and then just roll it in a ball.

ahuvas Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 9

I do that. For small balls I use an icing tip but for the large balls - the ones the size of a gum ball I use round circle cutters and then just roll it between my palms until its a ball. I dont use a pasta machine - just the spacer rings on the rolling pin.

Rylan Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 1:39am
post #4 of 9

Roll a snake like form and cut it.

bashini Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 12:46pm
post #5 of 9

Here is a great tutorial on making pearls,

http://www.creativecelebrationcakes.co.uk/page36.htm

HTH. icon_smile.gif

Modonmr Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:38am
post #6 of 9

thank you so much everyone, this was the first time I posted and it is awesome, my fondant balls turned out perfect. the link to the creative celebration cakes was especially helpful

Sandylee05 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:57am
post #7 of 9

Here is another link for making lots of fondant pearls all the same size using a mold.

Escaliba Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:22pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuvas

I do that. For small balls I use an icing tip but for the large balls - the ones the size of a gum ball I use round circle cutters and then just roll it between my palms until its a ball. I dont use a pasta machine - just the spacer rings on the rolling pin.

Many thanks for that brilliant suggestion.
So simple, when you know how!

txnonnie Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:59pm
post #9 of 9

I use an icing tip. The lager the tip the larger the ball.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%