Nondairy Creamer

Decorating By mavreader Updated 24 Jun 2009 , 9:31pm by mom2owen1

mavreader Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mavreader Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 3

Hey there! I have a recipe calling for Nondairy creamer? What exactly is this? Will half and half work? Its for bakery frosting

2 replies
CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 4:07am
post #2 of 3

Nondairy creamer is just cream, like for coffee, that doesn't have any dairy products in it. It would make the recipe creamier than just using water. You can really use any liquid you want. I have heard of people using heavy cream, water, milk, half and half, juice, etc. Just remember that different liquids will have a different effect on the consistency of your icing. You may need more or less, depending. Just play around with it and see what you like best!

mom2owen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2owen1 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 9:31pm
post #3 of 3

'nondairy' is a bit confusing. i have seen nondairy creamers and nondairy icings that do in fact contain dairy proteins, but not lactose. but i have also see nondairy things that contain no dairy protein or lactose. if you are looking for a true dairy free product, make sure to read labels carefully.

the only reason i mention it is in case this is used as a reference where a dairy allergy or food preference (vegan, for example) comes into play.

i agree that other liquids can be used as a substitution.

kris

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%