Rose Petal Cutter

Decorating By travmand Updated 21 Jun 2009 , 3:33pm by all4cake

travmand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travmand Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 9:43pm
post #1 of 8

I ordered and received my rose cutter and it seems so small. I ordered a 50 mm. To those experienced gum paste rose makers, what size do you typically use?

7 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 9:52pm
post #2 of 8

Hi, I use the five petal cutter. I think you need to have few different sizes of cutters as you add few layers of petals you need to have bigger petals to add to the outside.

Hope that make sence!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 10:01pm
post #3 of 8

Most of the ones in my gallery were made with a 100 mm. I do have the 50 but have yet to use it. I would like to get the 110 for the outermost petals on 100 mm rose...just haven't gotten around to it...now, for the outermost petals, I use a teardrop shaped cutter.

travmand Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 10:14pm
post #4 of 8

Well shoot...I wish I would have ordered a bigger size. I wanted to play this weekend icon_sad.gif.

all4cake Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 10:27pm
post #5 of 8

You can still play, just make smaller roses

all4cake Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 3:52am
post #6 of 8

Did you make any? I wanted to see what size they turn out....

travmand Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 2:09pm
post #7 of 8

Well..here it is...not as easy as it looks. The biggest problem I had was getting the petals out of the cutter. If I poked through the hole in the middle of the cutter to pop it out, I poked a hole. I ordered the bigger cutters, I can't wait until they get here.
LL

all4cake Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 3:33pm
post #8 of 8

It turned out great!

That sure is a small one, ain't it? That makes me want to make some. Maybe I can do one or two while I'm making the flowers for next weekend.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%