My Credit Card Number Was Stolen!! Dang It!!!

Lounge By costumeczar Updated 21 Jun 2009 , 3:49am by michellenj

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 7

icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif I just got my credit card bill, and someone had charged $2900 worth of camping equipment on it! (Anyone who knows me will tell you that I DO NOT go camping!) I had to cancel the card, and in the process found another $1900 fake charge that went through since my bill closed.

What a pain in the butt. Now I don't have a credit card for two weeks until the new one gets here. This will certainly slow me down for a while! icon_lol.gif

6 replies
Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 8:00pm
post #2 of 7

Holy cow!

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 7

I'm so sorry for you. I hate that things like this are not 100% avoidable. I use to work for a Relay service and about 90% of the callers were scammers who would use us to call different companies and use stolen credit cards. icon_mad.gif They'd order things like 1000 laptops or 5000 cellphones. It had gotten to the point where I'd purposely tell the store the wrong cc number just so that they can at least catch on that it was a scam. But some stores would just ask for another credit card and each time i'd give the wrong number. Whats bad is that they'd go thru about 10 cards before the person at the store would say "you know I think i'm going to end the call because I don't feel right about this" icon_rolleyes.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 11:42pm
post #4 of 7

Ughhh that stinks...........let's all hope they get rained on and eaten alive by mosquitoes when they use that new camping equipment. icon_biggrin.gif

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 12:08am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Ughhh that stinks...........let's all hope they get rained on and eaten alive by mosquitoes when they use that new camping equipment. icon_biggrin.gif

... and that somebody steals their shoes from outside their tent.

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 1:25am
post #6 of 7

I recently joined Lifelock because my dh's computer was stolen with lots of info on it. So far we are protected. Well worth the monthly fee so that we can sleep knowing that we won't loose our savings.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 3:49am
post #7 of 7

That really sux. I had an employee who was going into my office, stealing my card, then replacing it in a few days after charging up a crazy amount of merchandise. She charged $1300 in the Toddler Boys dept at Lord and Taylor, $900 in Calvin Klen jeans, 8 pc place settings of china/crystal/silver at Macy's, 3 pr. ladies Enzo shoes, 3 ladies colognes, 3 mens colognes, *gasp* a GOLD LAME TABLECLOTH tacky tacky, bed in bag set, etc.

Her roomate ratted her out, thankfully.

Hang in there, honey, it sucks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%