Is It Really This Simple?

Business By lamariposa Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 8:19pm by erinalicia

lamariposa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lamariposa Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 5

I made some phone calls yesterday about opening a home-based bakery (I am in NC) and I couldn't believe that it is as simple as it is. Is it just in Sampson County? The only thing I had to do was contact the Dept. of Ag. to get regulations and the number to schedule an inspection. The only thing the Zoning board told me was that I could not have customers come to my place of residence and I couldn't advertise my house as the location for my business.

I can't wait to start the paperwork for registering my business name and applying for a tax ID (my husband will do all this since he has had a business previously). I will schedule my inspection as soon as my new dishwasher is installed and I get a new pantry!

4 replies
lamariposa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lamariposa Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 2:44pm
post #2 of 5

Oh yeah! I also have to call my insurance company to see what need's to be added to my homeowner's insurance policy.

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 5

I'm glad you're having an easy time of it. icon_smile.gif Good luck getting started!!

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:08pm
post #4 of 5

NC residents are among the lucky few!

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 5

I'm in NC as well, but it's not as simple for me since I live in an apartment and I have indoor pets. One of our dogs is my son's therapy dog, so we're not getting rid of the pets anytime soon.

I'd love to have a house where we could put in a large "storage building" and set up as my kitchen and decorating area. I'd love to have a place to go and hide from everyone! icon_smile.gif I'm picturing the really big ones you see displayed at Lowe's and Home Depot, 2 story for storage. I'd be in heaven!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%