Double Yolked Eggs?

Decorating By Confectioners_Conundrum Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 1:58pm by ninatat

Confectioners_Conundrum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectioners_Conundrum Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:47am
post #1 of 8

SO, what happens when you are making a cake and you get a double yolked egg? Actually I got two! SO now I have 5 eggs instead of three! What do I do? I tried to scoop the two extras out but broke them!! HELP!

7 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:51am
post #2 of 8

Nothing happens. Not a problem.

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:52am
post #3 of 8

No ideas...but doesn't that symbolize good luck? It looks like you are extra lucky icon_smile.gif As for the eggs...the size isn't different, right (same sized shells)? I'd still count them as three

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 5:03am
post #4 of 8

I've seen that some, but I can't imagine it being a problem unless you were using a super-duper extra large egg or something!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 5:08am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rharris524

No ideas...but doesn't that symbolize good luck? It looks like you are extra lucky icon_smile.gif As for the eggs...the size isn't different, right (same sized shells)? I'd still count them as three

Yup...you're baking a lucky cake!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 12:33pm
post #6 of 8

I use more eggs than what the directions call for. Just makes a richer tasting cake. No biggie ... no problem.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 1:42pm
post #7 of 8

It's not a problem... it's adds a tiny bit more fat (which, in baking, means yummy) and a minimal amount more liquid (not enough to make a difference).

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 1:58pm
post #8 of 8

years ago we used to get our eggs from a farm and boy what a difference, nothing like the extra large eggs in the store. and i'd come along a double yolk quite a few times. didn't know it was good luck cool,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%