Help With Satin Ice!?

Decorating By ivgotahalo Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 1:49am by DDiva

ivgotahalo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ivgotahalo Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 1:15am
post #1 of 4

It's VERY muggy and raining now. I just finished a wedding cake for Sat and the fondant looks shinny and it's sticky. Any fix or am I stuck with a sticky cake. HAha

3 replies
psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 1:27am
post #2 of 4

can you put it anywhere drier? I have that problem here sometimes. I have a dehumidfier in the basement and I put things near it.

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 1:37am
post #3 of 4

What about a small fan to blow on it. Not really close, but close enough that the air will circulate around it? Or what about a blow dryer using the cool setting?

DDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDiva Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 1:49am
post #4 of 4

I've been fighting that problem for the past two weeks!! It's rained everyday and been the upper 80's and low 90's. Throw in the AC not cooling (low freon--just fixed about an hour ago) and its been fun.

I use SI and FondX all the time. Just plop that cake in the fridge. It will dry, plus be easier to deliver while cold. Box it for delivery and while it is returning to room temp. the box will absorb the moisture. It will dry if left out, but it may be a bit shiny. The shine will eventually disappear as the moisture dissipates.

Don't touch it or try to wipe it!! It will leave a mark every place you touch it.

I, too bought a dehumidifier, mostly for non AC days (ha-ha). Check Craigslist for bargains. Got 2 that hold 15 pints of water for $35.

Good luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%