Do You Think This Cake Will Be Okay?

Decorating By lrlt2000 Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 12:59am by lrlt2000

lrlt2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrlt2000 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 12:25am
post #1 of 3

I am working on my first wedding cake, and I have to be done with it by tomorrow night (Saturday early a.m. at the latest). It is a 12", 10", 8" and 6" with each tier being only about 3". I have high ratio buttercream (Tonedna's recipe) with raspberry jam and lemon pie fillings, and the final cake will have MMF fondant.

I have all tiers torted and filled, and I just pulled them out of the frig to crumb coat. My thought was, I'd crumb coat tonight, and then leave them out so tomorrow I can final coat BC, fondant and decorate tomorrow.

The thing is, the cake will not be delivered until Saturday evening at 5pm for a 6:30 wedding. Do you think my finishing it tomorrow is okay? Will it be okay sitting out of a frig from now all the way until Saturday night? Should I refrigerate them until tomorrow, to give them more time to chill/firm before being out for good, given how long from finish to delivery/display?

icon_rolleyes.gif

2 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 12:53am
post #2 of 3

It will be perfectly fine. I'm doing the exact same thing (time frame) as you.

I just finished torting, filling and crumbcoating all my tiers and they are boxed up on my work station. Tomorrow night I'll put the fondant on and final decorations for Saturday afternoon delivery.

You'll be fine.

Good luck!

lrlt2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrlt2000 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 12:59am
post #3 of 3

THANKS!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%