Royal Icing Butterflies

Decorating By His_snowflake Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 3:44pm by tiggy2

His_snowflake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
His_snowflake Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 6:07am
post #1 of 4

In the March/April 2009 issue of Mailbox News on Page 42 there is a flowerbasket cake with gumpaste and fondant flowers and leaves and a royal icing butterfly which it says was made using the technique which was described in the April/May 2008 American Cake Decorating magazine. I was not a subscriber to the magazine back then. Can anyone describe the technique to me?

It also mentions that the daisy technique was found in the October/November 2007 American Cake Decorating magazine. I'm interested in learning more about that technique as well.

Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies
ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:24pm
post #2 of 4

wish i could help so i'll bump you, i wanted to ask does anyone subscribe to this book and is it any good, i don't like books that are half advertisements , they have them on e-bay for 3.99. 80.00 it to pricey for me for a subscription Tjanks

MissCathcart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCathcart Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 4

If you go to Google write, royal icing butterfly pattern in the search box. Near the top of the results page you'll see, Patterns for making icing butterflies.... Click on that, which will lead you to a page that gives all the directions

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:44pm
post #4 of 4

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/misc/butterfly-patterns.htm here's the link The blocked word is sugar craft with no spaces

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%