Storing A Cake????

Decorating By kcepenney Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 3:16am by kcepenney

kcepenney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcepenney Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:29am
post #1 of 5

How do I store a cake with fondant on it?? Does it need to go in the fridge? Should it go in the fridge if it is hot?? Will it sweat when I take it out to deliver it???

4 replies
kcepenney Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:02am
post #2 of 5

Anyone???

oneyracing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oneyracing Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:10am
post #3 of 5

you will have different thoughts if you ask different people...some say yes you can put it in the frig. others say no way...i have seen people say that you can put it in the frig as long as you let it come to room temp without touching it...i dont refrig my cakes wants they are decorated...but i always wait till the day before or the day of to decorate most of the time

sweetsbyjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbyjen Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:14am
post #4 of 5

I am by no means an expert but I usually store it in the fridge if it's hot/ humid out. I take it out a few hours before delivery so if it does sweat, it will dry and be accustom to the tempature. I haven't had any problems keeping it out or putting it in the fridge and then taking it out just before delivery when I have had the a.c. on. I would try to keep your house cool when making cakes, the fondant will melt and get sticky if it's too warm. It just ruins the fun and can be really, REALLY frustrating!

kcepenney Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:16am
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the advice. I have a cake I am covering with fondant tomorrow but it isn't due til Friday. It is supposed to be humid here so I didn't want anything to happen to it. I guess I will try it and hope for the best unless someone else posts something different. It is just 2 11x15 cakes stacked so hopefully it will be ok.
Thanks or your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%