Can I Refridgerate Mmf?

Decorating By sweetsadiecakes Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 4:36pm by sweetsadiecakes

sweetsadiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsadiecakes Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 6

I filled the cake with oreo SMBC and crumb coated it with SMBC, that needs to be refridgerated doesn't it????? When I cover it with MMF can I refridgerate it?

5 replies
sweetsadiecakes Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 6

Can I even put MMF over SMBC?

Trying 3 new recipes- Clueless icon_rolleyes.gif

bobhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobhope Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:05pm
post #3 of 6

hi! fondant & refrigeration doesn't go together because of condensation that will occur once you take cake out of the ref..hth

jensenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jensenscakes Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 6

I've never had a problem with refrigerating MMF with SMBC. I have found that it will sweat when it comes out so you want to take it out 3-4 hours before hand so it will evaporate the condensation and the SMBC will have time to soften up or it's like eating a stick of butter.

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:24pm
post #5 of 6

There are opinions on both sides. Some people refridgerate, other's do not. I personally refridgerate mine, depending on the filling I use, but have never had a problem with it. You probably will NOT want to crumb coat it, put it in the fridge, then pull it back out to put the fondant it on. There will be condinsation under the fondant and it won't agree with each other. You will want it at room temp when you put the fondant on it...then put it in the fridge.

sweetsadiecakes Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 4:36pm
post #6 of 6

Does the SMBC have to be refridgerated? If not, couldnt I leave the whole thing out?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%