Cookies On A Stick

Baking By ghasan887 Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 6:00pm by luv2bake6

ghasan887 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ghasan887 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 6:54am
post #1 of 10

Does anyone have any words of wisdom o making cookies o a stick. How soon before a party can I make and decorate. Using decorating Icing.

9 replies
ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 12:41pm
post #2 of 10

When I bake my cookies, I put a bit of dough on the back to cover the stick, this way the stick will nicely bake to the cookie. I bake and decorate cookies day before event. You need some time to let them dry.

sweet-treats1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet-treats1975 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:28pm
post #3 of 10

I just made a batch last night and they are for this weekend. I just stick the stick in and press the dough around it. Although I this is my first time making cookies on a stick too.
Good luck!!!! thumbs_up.gif

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 10

i've done cookies on a stick and i slowly push while twisting the stick into the dough (i roll it a bit thicker) if any break through you can cover with a bit of dough. i like to make mine a couple days in advanced (depending on the design of the cookie and how long you'll need them to dry before packaging) hope that helps!

N2Cookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
N2Cookies Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:43pm
post #5 of 10

I done it both ways, the twist method and the dough on the back. I prefer the twist method. I just make my cookie a little thicker and hold my hand on the top of the cookie while pushing the stick into the cookie. I have also read on this site where some bakers insert the stick into the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven. I've not tried this method and I think while it may sound easy it's the trickiest.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:47pm
post #6 of 10

I've also inserted the stick before baking but never liked the valley that forms around the stick when baking.

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:01pm
post #7 of 10

I glue my stick on with RI. I take 3 days for my cookies. Day 1 - make dough and bake cookies. Day 2 - Put sticks on and after several hours, put fondant on. Day 3 - early - decorate with RI. In afternoon cookies are ready for pickup

luv2bake6 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 9:46pm
post #8 of 10

When i took a class a couple of years ago, that's how we were taught but when i tried it, by the time the cookies were dry, they were also stale.
But i see that you use fondant toleshed, that would make a huge difference cuz i used RI and needed another 24 hours for it to dry before decorating.
The next time i want to make a bouquet, i'll definately try your suggestion. Thanks!!

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 6:46am
post #9 of 10

Here's a link to a great thread where we discussed Shineys method, it works like a charm and I never ever avoid cookies "on a stick" since I started doing them this way! HTH thumbs_up.gif

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=619564&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

luv2bake6 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 6:00pm
post #10 of 10

That's what i've been doing too. The only drawback is that it doesn't look too good from the back of the arrangement so you have to cover that with tissue paper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%