Help With Choosing Shimmer/luster Dust

Decorating By Polkadot79 Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 9:03pm by Polkadot79

Polkadot79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polkadot79 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:45pm
post #1 of 4

I have a 5 tiered wedding cake to make next weekend. It is rather simple (besides getting the tiers anchored and symmetric icon_biggrin.gif)...white buttercream with white pearls of varying sizes on each tier. I'm purchasing white dragees from Global Sugar Art, but not sure what pearl dust to purchase.

Her colors are a deep turquoise, black & white. She's accenting with black & white damask and a bit of diamond sparkle. Should I buy pure white or a shimmer? If so, what brand & color? I've used the Wilton brand at Hobby Lobby before, but want to try something different.

Here's the cake she's chosen (not sure where it's from) except no flowers. She wants to add ribbon around each tier & monogram on top.
LL

3 replies
Polkadot79 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:49pm
post #2 of 4

I'm aware that these pearls are piped, but I'm going to be making this cake after teaching and staying at church camp all week. I'm afraid I'll be too rushed & just not give the cake the detail it deserves. In other words...might be seeing double and can't pipe the dots the same size & lined up. icon_biggrin.gif

It's for a childhood & church friend who couldn't find another baker within her price range, so I'm giving in and saying I'll do it after first asking her to find someone else.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 4

I would air brush it with shimmer if it were me.

Polkadot79 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 4

That would be easiest...if I had an air brush machine. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%