Mmf Qestions

Decorating By frogfiend Updated 22 Aug 2005 , 5:26pm by frogfiend

frogfiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frogfiend Posted 21 Aug 2005 , 12:24pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all ! I am very new here but I have to say I have learne a tremedous amount of info. The photos on this site are wonderful. I do have a few questions about MMF. I made my first batch yesterday. I have never used fondant of any time only buttercream and a couple of times royal icing (hate it icon_rolleyes.gif ) My question is if I shape my MMF to the shape I want, I realize it has to dry, but how long is it good for. I have a cake due in 2 weeks, and was playing last night making a camoflauge hat. It turned out realy good and was hoping it will last til I do the cake. But not sure how long fondant last. Could someoneplease help me out on this one. Thanks so much. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
mjw15618 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjw15618 Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 4

I think it really depends on your climate. For me, it takes way longer in the hot, humid months than it does in the dead of winter when it's so dry. I'm making MMF flowers for the top of my daughter's 11th birthday cake (it's Thursday!) and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they set up in time. We're suppose to have nice, dry weather all week, so chances are everything will be fine. icon_smile.gif

mjw15618 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjw15618 Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 4

OOOops! I just realized you asked how long does it keep! It should be good for a long time. After it hardens, probably indefinitely. I would keep it covered to protect it from dust, though.

frogfiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frogfiend Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much for your answer. I let it set and dry. So now gonna wrap in tissue paper just to keep the dust off. Good luck with your cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%