For Those With An Llc

Business By momma28 Updated 15 Jun 2009 , 6:36pm by momma28

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 7

Is your husband a member of your llc. I am home based, legal inspected, the whole nine yards. I have registered my llc and now am wondering if my husband should have been a listed member on my papers for liability protection even though he does not do anything with my cake business (well he plays with the kids while I decorate but aside from that being a great husband act of love i dont think it falls under employee icon_biggrin.gif ) He doesnt even drive if he is with me when I deliver. Just wondering what others do with their llc

6 replies
MLand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MLand Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 7

I would not have included him. I was President of a Corp and my husbands name were no where in the bylaws.

momma28 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:57pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks icon_smile.gif Actually I have been researching while waiting for a response and came to that very conclusion. I used to be president of a 501c3 and he was not involved in that either so Im not sure why I thought he needed to be on this. and it seems in some states there are some tax implications if I put him on as a member since we are married.

Thanks again for responding, I really appreciate it.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 4:15pm
post #4 of 7

No, I am a sole-owner LLC, which means I make all the decisions, and it only takes my signature on any legal documents.

If he wants to do half the work, then he can have half the glory. Until then, stay the hell out of my way. icon_biggrin.gif My hubby is also a hand-wringing worry wart and if I had to convince him on every buying or legal decision I made, I wouldn't get anything done. Heck, 5 years ago, I told him, "Let me know when we have some extra money so I can get a website and some business cards." I'm still waiting for him to let me know on that.

So no way am I giving him any yay or nay power.

My attorney and I had a long discussion on this.

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 5:15pm
post #5 of 7

I have an LLC, and we kept his name off everything business related in order to keep our home, etc. completely separate. My husband is very helpful, but this is my "one woman show". icon_biggrin.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 5:18pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2cakes

I have an LLC, and we kept his name off everything business related in order to keep our home, etc. completely separate. My husband is very helpful, but this is my "one woman show". icon_biggrin.gif

Complete ditto!! thumbs_up.gif

momma28 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 6:36pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

No, I am a sole-owner LLC, which means I make all the decisions, and it only takes my signature on any legal documents.

If he wants to do half the work, then he can have half the glory. Until then, stay the hell out of my way. icon_biggrin.gif My hubby is also a hand-wringing worry wart and if I had to convince him on every buying or legal decision I made, I wouldn't get anything done. Heck, 5 years ago, I told him, "Let me know when we have some extra money so I can get a website and some business cards." I'm still waiting for him to let me know on that.

So no way am I giving him any yay or nay power.

My attorney and I had a long discussion on this.

ROFL!!! I love my husband more than I can possibly express but he too cannot function like I can. I do the family bills and everything. The man barely knows how much he makes icon_rolleyes.gif I had already registered as a sole owner llc and had a few second thoughts...thanks for the answers icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%