Looking For Ideas For A Cake For A Fundraising Event

Decorating By jwm296 Updated 15 Jun 2009 , 12:53pm by 2SchnauzerLady

jwm296 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jwm296 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:18am
post #1 of 6

Hoping someone can help with an idea. I've been asked to supply a cake for approx. 150 people at a fundraising event. The event is the 3 day walk for breast cancer awareness. Other than the traditional pink ribbon, i'm kinda stumped for ideas. The event will include dinner, a silent auction, among other things. Anyone have any ideas ? I was thinking of a full sheet cake and then carving another cake to be places on top in the form of the pink ribbon. Would gladly listen to any other ideas.

5 replies
Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:31am
post #2 of 6

That sounds cool it would also be cool if you were able to add editable images of maybe past walks or Breast Cancer survivors I hope this helps

Molly

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:49am
post #3 of 6

What about making the sheet cake as a path in a park and make several gp pink ribbons in different sizes with shoes "walking" it, maybe holding a banner (instead of actual gp people) IMO it will capture the whole walking for cancer idea. HTH icon_wink.gif

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:54am
post #4 of 6

hummm.... before I read sheet cake I was thinking tiered, covered in very lightly pink tinted fondant or buttercream, with pink ribbon boarders and bows and a banner like the type they usually hold at the walks going around the side or accross the middle tier.
I'm horrible at sheet cake ideas though, HTH.

Abbiedal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Abbiedal Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 12:41pm
post #5 of 6

where I live they use a local walking track for the "walk" so maybe a sheet cake in the shape of a track maybe with little pink ribbons at "milestone" markers you know 5yr, 10 yr etc? or 2 big pink ribbons end to end making like a figure 8 as a track
If you did the tier cake maybe you could have pink ribbons hanging on wires off the cake with a big diamond studded pink ribbon for the topper?
Just some of my thoughts!!!!! Maybe you could check some sites that sell pink ribbon items and get some ideas of what styles are out there!!!!

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 12:53pm
post #6 of 6

I love miny's idea of the shoes on a park path. The shoes can represent the survivors and also be in memory of those who did not survive. My charity is Leukemia Lymphoma Society and we have patient honorees. For each race we train for, we have a "silent mile" in which we walk/run/ride the path through posters of honorees and also in memory of... If your group has any patient honorees, that person's name can be on a banner on a wire next to a pair of shoes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%